Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Welcome, Hello, Join Me, & Thank You!

French Refined Design Style - Retrieved from www.lampsplus.com/shop-by-trend/

Ahhh, a moment to relax my feet from closing deals in heels!  Welcome to my blog, Refined Design.  Writing is a top five passion of mine, so I could not be more delighted to share my tips, hints, inspiration, and work in my number one passion:  interior designing, here!  I look forward to sharing and reading feedback from my followers and hope you enjoy what I have to share!

First and foremost, a bit about myself.  In addition to the background I share in my profile about my work history, it is telling to know that I spent most of my adolescent life as a competitive gymnast.  Read:  blood, sweat, and tears goes into every endeavor I embark on, and I settle for nothing less than perfection!



Following high school, I worked my way up the corporate ladder in banking while simultaneous earning an undergraduate degree in International Business and beginning a second degree in Interior Architecture and Design.  I purchased my first home at age 20, a small ranch that needed more than a little TLC.  My ability to envision the possibilities and slowly but surely breathe life back into the, then shack, to create a space I came to adore was the first insight into my eye for design.

Lew & Chase:  This is why you need to love your living space…it is where the love is! <3

Austin & Cali bird watching from the safety of their warm home.

Lew & Nina:  In love & loving life! Photography by Julia Conroy Photography 

While my career in banking was entertaining with swift advancement and proved to be rather lucrative, my heart pulled me to the design industry.  Recently, I have made the scary and uber exciting leap to turning my passion into my career and could not be happier with my choice to take the dive!

Design Presentation:  Traditional Conversation Area - November 2013 - By Nina Landis


Passion is a popular motif in my world.  In addition to writing and designing, I am a self proclaimed fashionista, a gym rat, and a music buff with an ever so eclectic ear.  I am head over heals for my handsome boyfriend, Lew, and love our little fur babies, Chase (black lab), Cali (cat), and Austin (cat) with all of my heart.

Exercise is a great way to get the creative juices flowing or relieve stress.  Being fit gives me the energy to stay positive and work long days to keep my projects on task for my customers!

Welcome to my little ode to design!  I have said my hello's, so please join me in this quest to bring my design style to the world:  Polished, Enticing, & Refined.  And lastly, thank you!

~Love & Hugs, Nina~

No comments:

Post a Comment